Honey Cardamom Scones, Chai Scones, and Earl Gray Tea Scones

Honey Cardamom Scones
There is something so special about having warm biscuits or scones in the morning. I have them for breakfast often because I usually take some help from Bisquick. I also cook them in the toaster oven, which preheats quickly and doesn't heat up the whole house. I also love to add chia seeds to my scones. They add a poppyseed-like texture and a bit of extra nutrition. I like to make 5-6 giant scones out of this for a hearty breakfast. Here are some variations I love:

Cardamom is one of my favorite spices. It has such an exotic, spicy, flowery quality to it. My honey cardamom scones really showcase its flavor well.

Honey Cardamom Scones
2 cups Bisquick or other biscuit mix
1 t ground cardamom
pinch of salt
1/4 cup honey
1/2-2/3 cup milk of choice (to get dough to the right consistency)
Optional add ins: chia seeds (I like 2-3 T), chopped pistachios, pumkin seeds, or golden raisins

Mix dry ingredients together and then combine with wet. Drop biscuits onto cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.



These scones are made with whole tea leaves! I love the delicate spices that Chai or Earl Gray teas bring to these snacks. 

Chai Tea or Earl Gray Tea Scones
Fresh out of the toaster oven!
1/2-2/3 cup milk of choice
Contents of three bags Chai or Earl Gray tea (or 1T and 1.5 t loose tea, ground finer in a mortar and pestle)
2 cups Bisquick or other biscuit mix
1/4 cup honey, sugar, or Splenda
Optional add ins: chia seeds (I like 2-3 T), chopped walnuts, pecans, or golden raisins

Empty tea bags into milk and heat until just simmering in microwave or on the stovetop. Let steep and cool for a few minutes. Add wet ingredients (tea leaves and all) into try ingredients). Drop biscuits onto cookie sheet, and bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts