Orange Julius Smoothie

The other day my husband told me he was craving Orange Julius. Apparently he drank them all the time as a child. I, on the other hand, can't even remember if I've had one. We're trying to eat healthier, so I set about to re-create a healthy orange julius (or as I liked to think of it, a creamsicle) smoothie. Based on five minutes of internet research, I learned that Orange Juliuses are just milk, orange juice, sugar, vanilla, and ice, with the option of a banana blended in. (Apparently they used to offer the option of blending in a raw egg!) I decided to make a smoothie out of frozen orange juice concentrate (since it's already icy), skim milk, vanilla yogurt (to thicken it), and banana. I really had no idea what I was aiming for with this recipe, since I don't remember what the Julius tastes like, but my husband said it was dead on, and I thought it was delicious!

Orange Julius Smoothie


1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate

6 ice cubes
½ cup water  

2/3 cup milk
1 6 oz container vanilla yogurt
1 banana
sweetener to taste (I like Splenda)

Blend and serve! Serves 2.

    Comments

    1. Very very good just like the original..... :) Jaci from Imperial,MO

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts