Thanksgiving Stuffing Casserole (updated with vegetarian recipe)

Thanksgiving stuffing casserole

***Update: this recipe can be modified to be vegetarian, and it's even easier than the original recipe. Just mix 2 12 oz bags of frozen Quorn meatless pieces, which taste like roasted white meat chicken, with the stuffing before cooking. Bake the stuffing as directed. I've served this as a vegetarian main dish at Thanksgiving and it was really satisfying!


Let's just ignore the fact that it is May for a minute. I have been craving Thanksgiving food like crazy lately. I posted my recipe for Harvest Apple Cranberry Spinach Stuffing the other day so I could follow it up with this recipe for one of my favorite "entire meal in a casseroles". This recipe combines my all my favorite things about Thanksgiving into one easy, healthy casserole. I simply stud my Stuffing with seared chicken or turkey breasts before baking in the oven. I like to freeze individual portions of this casserole (it freezes beautifully) so I can have a taste of Thanksgiving on my lunch break!

Directions: Slice 1.5-2 lbs chicken or turkey breasts into 2-inch pieces, season with your favorite seasoning salt (my rule is to always put more than you think you need--you almost want to coat it in seasoning--and it will be perfectly seasoned), and sear until browned on both sides in a skillet. It does not have to be cooked though because it will cook the rest of the way in the oven. Prepare the Harvest Apple Cranberry Spinach Stuffing and pour into a large casserole dish. Nestle the chicken or turkey pieces into the stuffing and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts