Two Ingredient Low Fat Pumpkin Bread

Speaking of two-ingredient desserts, I make the easiest and most pumpkin-y pumpkin breads with just two ingredients. The thing that bothers me about most recipes for pumpkin bread is that they use less than a can of pumpkin puree. That's not pumpkin-y enough! Plus, you have an awkward amount of pumpkin puree left over. (I just freeze it in a baggie in those situations, but most people don't have the same freezer obsession that I do.) I got the idea for this pumpkin bread from my Three-Ingredient Whoopie Pies, which are made by adding a whole can of pumpkin puree to cake mix as a substitute for butter and oil.

I've made this many times with various brands of pumpkin and cake mix, and it's always turned out perfectly. It never ceases to amaze me how whatever spice cake mix I use results in a perfectly spiced pumpkin bread.

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
1 box spice cake mix (I've used Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines successfully)
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup water if mixture is extremely thick

Preheat oven according to package directions. Stir together ingredients either by hand or with a mixer. The mixture should be extremely thick, like biscuit dough, but if it is dry, add a bit of water. Bake according to package directions. I like to use a bundt pan, but any pan will do. You could even make cupcakes, cookies, or whoopie pies! Tastes even better the next day and freezes well.

Comments

Popular Posts