Food 52's Very Easy Apple Cake

During the time of COVID-19, I've been finding some great food blog posts using pantry staples. I tried this one from super smart food blog Food 52 yesterday and I am in love! It only has 4 inexpensive, pantry-staple ingredients. The high ratio of apples to batter had me incredulous that it would actually work, but it does! I added 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom. It was quite sweet, so from now on I will reduce the sugar to 2/3 cup. I also found that the suggested cook time was too long for my oven. I recommend starting to check on it after 45 minutes. It is pretty good right out of the oven, but it really hits its peak after resting for a few hours or even overnight, when the moisture from the apples re-hydrates the cake.

Comments

Popular Posts