A vegetarian quarantine Thanksgiving

**Update: our meal turned out great and I've added the pics to prove it!
Cranberry, apple, and spinach stuffing; triple corn spoonbread; mashed potatoes; gravy; pumpkin pie; from-scratch green bean casserole

Hubby and I are following COVID recommendations and having a Thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us. We've lived across the country from our families for years, so we know a thing or two about small Thanksgivings. And we're not going to skimp on a food holiday!

Here's what we plan to make. These recipes will give us plenty of comfort food leftovers to enjoy for the rest of the week.
  • Vegetarian stuffing casserole
    Festive breakfast: healthy pumpkin pepita muffins
  • For our entree, vegetarian Thanksgiving stuffing casserole. I make my special apple cranberry spinach stuffing and add Quorn meatless pieces. Delicious stuffing and "poultry" all in one dish!
  • Instant Pot mashed potatoes. My simple recipe for the potatoes is to roughly chop potatoes (about 1 lb per serving), place in Instant Pot, and cover with water. Pressure cook for 7 minutes and quick release. Drain. Mash and stir in butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
  • Parmesan frico brussels sprouts
    Gotta put vegan gravy on the stuffing and mashed potatoes!
  • My family has been making triple corn spoonbread since I was a child. Leftovers make a great breakfast!
  • For our green veg, I'm deciding between two tried-and-true Food Network recipes, these roasted parmesan frico brussels sprouts which is basically just those two titular ingredients, and Alton Brown's scratch-made green bean casserole
  • For dessert, I'm making the classic old school Libby's pumpkin pie. My little tweak is that I add 1/2 t cardamom in addition to the spices called for in the recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts