Happy 10th birthday, Perfect Recipe Project!

Birthday balloons

The Perfect Recipe Project is 10 years old today! For my "blog birthday," I'd like to ask you to please share it with a friend! 

When I started the blog, I was finishing my PhD in psychology. I was deep in a dissertation rabbit hole and realized I needed a creative outlet. I had always loved cooking, and it took on special importance while cooking for myself, my husband, and my friends on a grad school budget. Ten years later, I'm a tenured professor! Five years ago, I got an Instant Pot, which has transformed a lot of my cooking. Here's why I love the Instant Pot, where it excels and where it's a waste of time. Over the past decade, I dabbled in low carb, then, three years ago, I settled on a pescatarian diet. 

A lot has changed over the past decade, but perfect recipes have always been creative, simple, healthy, inexpensive, and delicious. My philosophy is to measure, record, and perfect. If nothing else, selfishly, my blog is indispensable in my household and for sharing recipes with friends and family. I use it everyday to get the measurements right on my go-to recipes. It's also been a great way to train my husband to make food the way I like it!

Today, I'm launching a new logo and look for the blog. 

To celebrate a decade of food blogging, I've rounded up my top 10 all-time favorite recipes.


Brown rice jambalaya

1. Brown rice jambalaya (Instant Pot and stovetop versions)


2. Pescatarian shrimp and sausage gumbo


3. Vegan Cajun red beans and rice (Instant Pot and stovetop versions)


4. Superior Grill-inspired Tortilla soup (Instant Pot and stovetop versions)


5. Coconut dal (Instant Pot and stovetop versions)


6. Cajun shrimp pasta (Instant Pot and stovetop versions)


7. Instant Pot mac and cheese with secret cauliflower


8. "Chicken" tikka masala


9. Instant Pot harvest squash risotto


10. Roasted Greek salad


Roasted Greek salad
Roasted Greek salad

Comments

Popular Posts