Shortcut cheddar garlic biscuits


Cheddar biscuits on a blue saucer

Readers of this blog know I love to make recipes that are simple but full of flavor. In this recipe, I create delicious herbed cheddar biscuits using Bisquick Mix as a base. I add so much flavor that these biscuits stand out on their own. If you like this sort of shortcut, check out my recipe for honey cardamom or earl gray scones

I've never been to Red Lobster, so I don't know what their famous cheddar biscuits taste like. I just enjoy biscuits with lots of cheese and flavor. These are inspired by the cheese scones I've had in England. If you've tried the Red Lobster biscuits, you can weigh in on how these compare. 

I like to use these biscuits to make egg sandwiches for breakfast. This morning, we felt extra decadent and blanketed them in leftover vegetarian gravy from cheese fries we made the night before, and topped with eggs and green onions on top.

Biscuits topped with gravy, green onions, and an egg

Shortcut garlic cheddar biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
1 T grated parmesan
3/4 t garlic powder
pinch of black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 t dried rosemary leaves (optional)
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar (for a real treat, I love Trader Joe's unexpected cheddar, which is so sharp it has an almost parmesan-y quality)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
3/4 cup water, as needed

Spray a half sheet pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 325. Stir dry ingredients (i.e. Bisquick, seasonings, and cheese) together. Next add yogurt or sour cream and most of the water. Stir gently, adding more water if needed to create a thick dough. 

I make these into "drop biscuits" so I don't have to roll anything out. To do this, I take two large spoons and plop spoonfuls onto the pan, making 5-6 big biscuits. You can use the spoons to shape the dough into round domes, but they will still be a little craggily, and that's part of their charm!

Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. I use my airfryer toaster oven to make these so I don't have to heat up my whole house. It runs a lot hotter, so this is my note to myself to set it to 325 for 20-25 minutes, 

Comments

Popular Posts